|Ira Azulay||email: email@example.com|
|Attorney||ph. 312.661.9100 x8939 | fx. 312.386.5100|
Ira Azulay is a founding partner of Immigration Attorneys, LLP and oversees the business and operations of the firm, including its expansion strategy. Ira and the firm emphasize a focus on client service in every matter, including the importance of attorney and staff accessibility, and client understanding, regardless of their primary language. With the firm, Ira strives to provide clients with high quality immigration solutions in order to help them make their dream of living and working in the United States a reality.
Ira’s practice touches all areas of immigration law. He handles all immigration matters from EB-2 and E-2 investments to BIA appeals.
Ira is a champion of immigrant rights and works with a variety of organizations in the community, including those that rest on both sides of the political aisle. He sits on the Board of the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce the Jewish Council on Urban Affairs, a member of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. He also sits on or chairs various other task forces and committees, and regularly participates in related advocacy campaigns for immigrant rights, and other programs focused on raising the levels of professionalism among lawyers to improve the individual immigrant experience.
In addition to practicing law, Ira previously co-founded an independent film production company, Fusefilter Pictures, Inc. Ira also headed business development for Vivcom, Inc., a company that pioneered a then new way to index video utilizing MPEG-7. Prior to that, he was vice president of Wired Planet, Inc., an online entertainment company, and ran its business, legal and financial operations. In September, 2000, Wired Planet was acquired by Listen.com, which was later acquired by Real Networks, Inc. (RNWK). Ira previously practiced law with national law firms in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, venture capital financings and initial public offerings.
Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 1996
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Education and Certifications
- Boston University School of Law, JD cum laude, 1996
- University of Michigan, A.B. History, 1992
Professional Memberships & Positions
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- Board Member, Vice-Chair Employment Law Committee, Policy Committee
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (member of ICIRR)
- Board Member, Chair Immigrant Justice Action Team, Policy Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chair, Committee on Law Office Management & Economics
- American Immigration Lawyers’ Association
- American Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Board Member
- American Jewish Committee – Bridging America Task Force
- American Bar Association
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.